Brussels Sprout and Cranberry Salad
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts
- ¼ cup almonds toasted
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- ¼ cup grated pecorino cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Using the smaller bowl attachment, combine lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper on medium speed for 30 seconds. Pour into a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Using the large bowl attachment and the shredding disc, shred the Brussels sprouts, and transfer them to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the toasted pine nuts, cranberries, and chopped chives to the Brussels sprouts. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad, making sure to not overdress the greens.
- Plate the salad and top with grated pecorino cheese and a final drizzle of vinaigrette.
Make sure to thinly shred the Brussels sprouts. Cutting them too thick will be difficult to eat and mix properly.