Pumpkin Apple Soup
A seasonal savoury soup easy enough for a quick re trick or treating dinner!
- 3.7L Pumpkin Cocotte or similar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 cups pumpkin or butternut squash
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cubed
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 3 sprigs thyme, picked
- ½ cup apple cider
- salt and pepper, to taste
- pepitas/ pumpkin seeds, lightly toasted, to garnish
- 1. Heat oil in a 3.7 L Pumpkin Cocotte over medium heat. Add onion; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes. Add pumpkin, apple, cinnamon, and cook 5 minutes, stirring often.2. Add stock; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, add thyme and apple cider and season. Simmer 25 minutes and/or until pumpkin and apples are tender.3. Place half of pumpkin mixture in a blender, blend until smooth. Repeat procedure with remaining pumpkin mixture. 4. Divide soup evenly among 8 bowls; sprinkle evenly with pepitas.Note: For a thinner consistency add more stock and apple cider.