Yield: dozen madeleines
- 4 x madeleine pans
- 2 x spatula
- 2 x mixing bowls
- 2 x measuring cups
- 2 x measuring spoons
- 1 x spoon
- 4 x glass measuring cups - 1 cup
- 4 x pinch bowls
- ½ cup + 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 2 Tbsp milk or coffee
- Chocolate melts
- Candy cane bits
- 6 prepared cookies to practice decorating on
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, milk and vanilla extract.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Fold in the butter. Mix and cover bowl.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes or in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400F and grease madeleine pans.
- Fill pans 3/4 full and bake for 8 - 10 minutes.
- Cool and then melt 1/2 cup chocolate melts in microwave for 30 seconds on medium heat. Heat until the melts are melting in the vessel.
- Option to dip the madeleine, drizzle or spoon the chocolate on. Then top with candy cane bits.
Best to bake for 8 minutes and then if they aren't fully done, bake for a minute or two longer. Madeleines should be light and fluffy.