Holiday Gingerbread Cupcakes
Yield: dozen cupcakes
- 2 x regular cupcake tins
- 14-16 x cupcake liners
- 1 x 6B Wilton piping tips or similar
- 1-2 x pastry bags
- 1 x spatula
- 1 x mixing bowls
- 1 x set measuring cups
- 1 x set measuring spoons
- 1 x large ice cream scoop
- 1 x cake tester or toothpick
- 1 x stand mixers
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ⅔ cup molasses
- ⅔ cup boiling water
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cup icing sugar
- apple or pumpkin pie spice mix
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line cupcake tins with liners.
- In the mixing bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, molasses and boiling water.
- When mixture cools a bit, add egg and mix.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full with cupcake batter.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool.
- Add butter into stand mixer bowl and mix until smooth.
- Add in icing sugar and mix until frosting gains volume.
- Add in vanilla extract and mix.
- Add in spice mix (1 tsp at a time) until you reach the desired flavour.
- Prep your pastry bag, cut the tip and add the piping tip.
- Fill pastry bag with frosting and push frosting to the bottom.
- Frost your cooled cupcakes.
Make sure the cupcakes are cooled before piping the frosting. Add any decorations of choice.