Quick Fire Meals
Want to learn some insider tips and hacks on how to make healthy, delicious and nutritious meals ? Join Chef Ben, online, as he guides us through some delicious and healthy one-pot recipes designed to keep your family fit and cooking together. This recipe will be prepared online ready in-time to serve for dinner!
Grab the recipe ingredients below and follow along!
Beyond Meat and Quinoa Bowl
- Medium saucepan
- 10-12” non stick frying pan
- 2 large cutting board (1 for meat, 1for vegetables)
- 2 medium mixing bowls
- Large chef knife
- Mesh strainer / colander
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Mixing Spoons
- ¾ cup dry quinoa
- 1 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 450 grams ground beyond meat of extra lean ground beef
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¾ cup frozen corn
- 1 can black beans
- 2 medium roma tomatoes diced (prepare ahead)
- 1 medium avocado diced (prepare ahead)
- ¼ cup red onion diced (prepare ahead)
- ½ jalapeno seeded, minced (prepare ahead)
- 1 clove garlic minced (prepare ahead)
- 1 tbsp lime juice (prepare ahead)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp cilantro finely chopped
Greek Yogurt Vinaigrette
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ tsp lime juice
- ¼ tsp yellow mustard
- ¼ tsp white sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- In a medium saucepan, combine the quinoa and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer for 15minutes or unit the broth has been absorbed and set aside with a cloth-ladened lid.
- To prepare the vinaigrette, combine Greek yogurt, lime juice, mustard, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl. Whisk together and put in the fridge until needed.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Once heated, cook the ground beyond meat or beef until brown. Add the spice mix to the pan and continue to cook out the spices, approximately 1-2 minutes. Remove the meat from the pan and set it aside
- Using the same pan, add the corn and cook for 2 minutes to warm through. Remove from the pan and set aside. Repeat the same process for the black beans.
- Prepare the avocado salsa. Combine the Roma tomatoes, avocado, red onion, jalapeno, garlic, lime juice, olive oil, cilantro in a mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble the bowls by dividing the quinoa equally. Top the quinoa with ground meat, corn, black beans, avocado salsa, and drizzle the vinaigrette over the top
If using ground beef, use lean to extra lean meat to minimize the
fat content in the dish