Quick Fire Meals
Want to learn some insider tips and hacks on how to make healthy, delicious and nutritious meals ?
Join Chef Ben, online, as he guides us through some delicious, healthy and quick recipes designed to keep your family fit and cooking together. This recipe will be prepared online ready in-time to serve for dinner!
Roasted Vegetable Buddha Bowl with Tahini Dressing
- Large baking sheet with parchment
- 6 qt saucepan with matching lid and clean towel
- 1 x large cutting board
- 8” chef’s knife
- Vegetable peeler
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- 1 medium cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 medium carrots peeled and sliced into 1” diagonal chunks
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups fresh kale roughly chopped
- ¼ cup shelled pumpkin seeds
- 1 ripe avocado peeled and sliced
- ½ cup Italian parsley roughly chopped
- ¼ cup Tahini
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Add cauliflower florets and carrots to a large mixing bowl. Mix olive oil, smoked paprika, garlic powder, cumin, salt, and black pepper separately. Pour the spices over the vegetables, tossing to coat evenly. Lay the vegetables on a large parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast the vegetables for approximately 25 minutes until caramelized, flipping halfway through to evenly colour. For the final 5 minutes, add the pumpkin seeds to warm them through.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the vegetable broth, olive oil, and salt to a boil. Stir in the couscous and remove from the heat. Cover with a cloth-ladened lid, and let it steam for 5 minutes.
- Once cooked, use a fork to break apart any large pieces of cooked couscous, and stir in the kale.
- Prepare the dressing by combining Tahini, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, chilli garlic sauce, curry powder, turmeric, and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk thoroughly to combine all the ingredients. If the dressing is too thick, add 1 tablespoon of water at a time until smooth.
- Assemble the bowl by placing the couscous kale at the bottom of a bowl. Top the bowl with the roasted vegetables and sliced avocado. Drizzle the Tahini dressing over the top and garnish it with roasted pumpkin seeds and chopped parsley.
Don’t add too much water to smooth out the dressing. You can always add more liquid, but you can never take it out.