Join Chef Ben on Tuesday, June 7 at 6:00 pm as he guides through his favourite Summer Salads on Facebook and Instagram LIVE!
Follow us as Chef Ben guides us through a series of classic summer flavour combinations to make the perfect summer salads that can be served as a light main dish or the perfect companion to your favourite grilled dish. Recipes are posted on website so that you can grab your ingredients and cook alongside!
Watermelon and Peach Salad
- 1 medium sized cutting board
- 1 8” chef’s knife
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- 2 medium-sized mixing bowls
- 1 8” sauté pan
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 2 cups seedless watermelon peeled
- 1 peach skinned and pitted
- ½ cup fresh basil roughly chopped
- 6 slices prosciutto thinly sliced
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup feta cheese crumbled
- 200 ml peach vinegar
- 300 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the dressing by combining peach vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper in a mason jar. Tighten the lid, shake to combine and set aside.
- Cut the watermelon into 2” rectangles and the peach into thin segment and set them aside. In a medium sauté pan, toast the walnuts over medium heat. Place them in a bowl and set aside to cool.
- Add the arugula to the bowl of walnuts along with the roughly chopped basil. Gently add a couple tablespoons of the dressing to the greens, tossing to combine.
- Lay the greens onto a plate. Distribute the chopped watermelon and peaches at random over them. Drape the prosciutto around the fruit and top with crumbled feta cheese.
Try cutting different fruits and vegetables into different shapes and sizes. This will give a different mouth feel to the ingredients.