1970s

Pierre becomes the sole owner of the company in the early 1970s and is forced to relocate the store to our flagship 1314 Bank Street location, after being expropriated from 92 1/2 Rideau Street, for the building of the Rideau Center in the downtown core.  The initial move occupied only 1/3 of our current 10,000 sq. ft. showroom but was a considerable jump in size from our former location.